- Animal Control
Animal Control Services
Animal Control Officers respond to calls for stray or deceased animals within the city limits.
Lost & Found Animals
If you have lost or found an animal inside the Duncan City Limits please call 580-252-6608 to report it.
Please visit the Stephens County Humane Society for adoptions or call 580-252-7387.
- Are city tags required for my animal?
No, but City ordinance 4-421 requires that a current rabies tag be placed on your animal’s collar.
- Can I have chickens at my residence?
No. Ordinance 4-303 does not allow for chickens in residential areas. Only agriculturally zoned properties may have poultry. If you do not know your property’s zoning, contact Community Development at City Hall at 580-252-0250.
- Are pit bulls automatically euthanized if impounded by Animal Control?
No, all dogs, regardless of breed type, that are impounded by Animal Control are held 72 hours.
- How do I get my dog out of impound?
You may get your dog out of impound by providing proof of a current rabies certificate, or prepayment of rabies vaccination through a licensed vet, paying the impound and boarding fees.
- Why can’t I buy the rabies vaccination from rural lifestyle retail stores and give the shot to my animal myself?
City ordinance 4-420 and OAC Title 310:599-3-9.1 state that a rabies vaccination can only be given by a licensed veterinarian.
- If I have an animal problem in my neighborhood, who do I call?
You should call the police dispatch non-emergency number. Animal Control officers are dispatched through the Duncan Police Department.
- What should I do if I lose my animal?
Animal Control has a Lost and Found number. Please call this number and leave all your information. Be sure to leave a description of your animal, where it was lost and a good contact number. The Lost and Found number is 580-252-6608.
- Is Animal Control part of the Stephens County Humane Society?
No. City of Duncan Animal Control is separate from the Stephens County Humane Society, but Animal Control offers any dogs deemed adoptable, that are not claimed within the 72 hours hold time, to the Humane Society to be adopted.
- Can I have a pot belly or mini pig in city limits?
No. City ordinance 4-311 does not allow for any farm animal in residential area Only agriculturally zoned properties may have swine. If you do not know your property’s zoning, contact Community Development at City Hall at 580-252-0250.
- Can I have a snake?
No. City ordinance 4-503 does not allow for anyone to own any exotic snakes, animals or wildlife.